Tuesday, May 7, 2013

No Pardon for Parr

On a day when fellow death row inmate Willie Manning won a last-minute appeal right before his lethal injection, Carroll Joe Parr wasn't so lucky. Parr was executed by the state of Texas for shooting a man to death and robbing him of $2500--money that Parr himself gave the man a few hours earlier when he bought 7 pounds of marijuana from him.

Parr seemed upbeat as he spoke his last words before the execution. "I am in the midst of truth. I am good, I am straight, don't trip" he told witnesses. "To all my partners, tell them I said like Arnold Schwarzenegger, 'I'll be back.' These eyes will close, but they will be opened again."

Since Texas did away with special last meals in 2011, Parr was served the same food as everyone else in his unit. His last meal was chicken patties with gravy, macaroni and cheese, carrots, pinto beans, sliced bread, with punch, tea, and water to drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment