Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ross Can't Resist Resentful Rant

Vaughn Ross, executed today by the state of Texas for a double murder in 2001, couldn't help getting a little testy in the middle of his last words. He began his statement with a loving message to his family:

"I want to thank my family for supporting me through this. I love y'all. I don't fear death. I'm fine. I'm okay. To my friends and my loved ones, Miriam, I love you, thanks for being here for me."
 

But then Ross gave a last minute sucker punch to the legal system that convicted him:
 

"This is what it is. I know this is hard for y'all, but we are going to have to go through it. We know the lies they told in court. We know it's not true."
 

Ross, who moved to Texas from St. Louis as a young man, once remarked that the state's vigorous death penalty was one of the first things he noticed about it.
 

"I noticed how many executions were being carried out in the state and I was like, 'Man, I might get put on death row for jaywalking or something.' It was a silly joke, and then bam, I'm here."

Since Texas did away with special last meals in 2011, Ross was served the same food as everyone else in his unit. For his last meal, Vaughn Ross had baked chicken, corn, steamed rice, sliced bread, with tea and water to drink.

2 comments:

  1. Meh. Forensic evidence places him at the crime in more than a few ways. The story he told himself he started to believe as truth and it just wasn’t. I am sorry he couldn’t get a better last meal, but then again it makes little difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got what he deserved!!! He purposely and maliciously took the lives of 2 human beings. Forensic evidence proved it. This is the justice system at its best. The only thing I disagree with is lethal Injection. It's too good for these murderers!!! They need to go back tonusing the electric chair!!!

    ReplyDelete